Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reflections

                Now that the craziness of the holidays is about through, I thought it was a good time to sit down and reflect on this past semester. In my very first post, I resolved to meet new people, succeed in my classes, to be more laid back in harder times, and to write this blog. (I will ignore the one I mentioned about the gym, considering it was mostly un-fulfilled. Maybe for New Year’s?) Well, I think I succeeded and would even go as far to say that this past Fall semester has been my happiest and most fulfilling of my college career thus far. I lived with my best friends, successfully cooked on my own, and blogged on a semi-regular basis. One of my proudest accomplishments was meeting new people. In the past I have gone to class, listened to the professor, and left. But this year I am happy to say I left with many faces I will smile at passing on campus, as well as other friends I will keep in touch with.
                And I love my new major (now it’s just figuring out what I can do to make money with it). In three and half months I read six novels, one play, and a slew of poems; and wrote tons of papers. There may have been a meltdown or two, but overall my stress level was manageable, a tangible sign that I’m in the right place.
                For next semester, Liz is moving out and we’re getting a new roommate—Lei’s friend and past roomie, Jay. I’m excited for some changes and a new set of classes (after a good, long break). I am going to miss Liz, who is going to spend the next few months studying abroad in 11 different countries, but wish her the best in her new adventure.
                In the transit of schools and moving from campus, to home, to a new apartment, I felt like I needed to ground myself a bit. Reflecting on my weeks’ experiences has made me sit down and think about the good things that are happening in my life. I’ve also found great creative outlets in experimenting with desserts, crafting new creations, and throwing together original outfits. I’m excited to carry the good vibes into the New Year.
Love,
 Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment