Monday, April 25, 2011

What a Crock!


          When I moved in to my apartment, my Grandmom gave me a cute red crock pot she didn't have much use for. I always thought it would be a lot of work to use it, and I never planned enough ahead of time to start recipes in the morning. But when I saw this Southwestern Bean Medley recipe on Jess, Mackenzie's sister's, blog, I thought it couldn't get any easier.
          And it was. I made the bean recipe a little while ago, and it was so easy and yummy that I started looking for more and have been using it a lot since. We had frozen pork, and I found this Slow Cooker Pork recipe that also looked like a breeze. I can't believe how juicy and tender meat tastes in the crock pot. I'm mad I put off using it for so long!

This recipe was cheap, easy, and filling. Served over brown rice, it was a healthful treat.

The pork was so moist and tender that it fell apart when I took it out.

I whipped up some mashed potatoes (confession: they were instant) and served the pork on top. The extra juices in the pot made for a savory gravy.
I love how the crock pot lets you make something delicious and take the easy route at the same time.

Cheers,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment