Monday, April 25, 2011

Bunny Sweets


          Because I have such a love for cupcakes, I was really excited to make these bunny ones, inspired from Delish.com. I let Betty Crocker do the legwork on the cupcakes, and put vanilla frosting into two dishes. I dyed half pink and half blue and frosted all of the cupcakes. I enlisted my mom, who's great at decorating cakes, to help with the white faces. She used a large round frosting tip to make circles.


         The ears are made out of marshmallows. To replicate, cut diagonally across the marshmallow and then cut each half in half vertically. They stuck to the frosting easily.
         The eyes and nose are jelly beans, and the whiskers are chocolate sprinkles. Maybe I'm biased, but I think mine came out cuter than the original design (although probably not as perfect). I used them as placeholders at dinner, and stacked them on my cupcake rack for a festive decoration.

          I'm really happy with the end result, and glad my mom helped out so they didn't take too long. And I picked sugar free frosting to cut a few calories considering we used loads of it. Mmmmm.

          Also, my mom made a vanilla and orange sherbet ice cream cake with a cookie crust. She decorated it with sugar flowers and frosting. It was so cute and tastey. Can you say Ace of Cakes?

Hope you had a sweet weekend.
Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment