Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

          This season, the winter gods have been generously dolling out the snow. And once again, CT is covered. It gets pretty tedious, worrying about shoveling out in order to get to work, school, the grocery store, or just about anywhere to get out of the house. But as droning as the tasks can get, I suppose in a way it unites us. It seems like all anyone talks about lately is the big storm coming up or the aftermath of the blizzard. Maybe what everyone needs is to remember the kid in them and take a trip down the sledding hill, or make a snow man. Sounds good in theory, but frankly, I think it's too damn cold.
Between his white fur and the fact that the snow's deeper than he is tall, we might just lose Monti!
Picture courtesy of my mom.
          But enough pessimism. Maybe for the next time I have the snowfall blues, I'll try and have a little fun with the kid in me. But today I settled for a good sweat. Normally, the gym isn't what I look to for relaxation, but after a stressful weekend of schoolwork and a day cooped up inside, a good workout did just the trick.
          Saturday and Sunday were my first two days of my weekend Shakespeare class, "Bringing Macbeth Alive." It's a lot of time in class, but who can resist getting three credits in three weekends (besides everyone who told me I was crazy for taking a class which required me to sit in it for eight hours a day)? Turns out, it's not so bad, and it feels like I'm easing back into school instead of being shocked with six classes the first week back. Tomorrow, I've got a paper to bang out. And to break things up I'm getting the urge to bake. Any ideas?

Stay warm.
Love,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment