Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cooking and Costuming

                Normally, Sundays are my favorite, but today I’m feeling out of it. Maybe it’s just a case of Annie-it is (the term my mom coined for my little un-explained sick days as a child). But whatever you call it, fact is I’m sitting in watching Gossip Girl and eating ramen on this beautiful fall day. In any case, last week was a whirlwind—I had two papers due and tons of reading, so I missed my post Monday.
                At least I got plenty of R&R and fresh air yesterday with a walk to the local park with Monti, who had a blast chasing leaves on the windy day, and Mackenzie. Then we stopped by the Southern Homecoming game, which we stayed at for about two quarters, but it was pretty breezy and cold. The Owls were winning when we left, but turns out Bentley pulled ahead to win 36-26.
                And I’m getting all pumped up for Halloween—I found the perfect dress for my flapper costume and have most of the accessories already. One more Goodwill trip for finishing touches should do it… Last night, Kenzie, Liz and I drove up to Wallingford for the Trail of Terror, but they had already closed the line! Apparently there was a 7 hour wait. Boo.
                Today, I’ll leave you with a recipe. For dinner last night, we had pork to cook so I looked on Sparkrecipes.com for a way to make it. Here’s what I found:
Pork Chops and Apples
Submitted by: JEANDEVINS
Ingredients
4 Pork Chops
4 apples peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Directions
Mix together the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over the sliced apples and pour into a baking dish. Dust the pork chops with the flour and place on top of the apples. Bake at 425 for about 50 minutes. The pork chops come out golden brown and moist.

Number of Servings: 4

 

                We had a bit more pork than the recipe called for, so I added to the baking time. I ended up overcooking it a bit, but it still came out delicious.

                Continuing on with my domestic streak, I got ingredients to make Halloween cupcakes. Can't wait to whip them up.
Love,
Annie


Before the club last Wednesday. I'm sad it will be too cold to go out soon.

My flapper dress from Maybe. It was about $30, which is more than I wanted to spend, but still less than a tackey store bought costume.

PSL. My addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment